The cycling assessment goes far beyond matching the frame size of your bike to your inseam. At the core of the assessment is a comprehensive physical exam based around the physiologic needs of the cyclist. The assessment utilizes motion-capture technology – with live action joint angle measurements while pedaling on your bike – to make sure your fit is perfect for your needs. We fit road, commuter, fitness, mountain and fat tire bikes.
Our state-of-the-art cycling lab focuses on the rider. LED markers placed in key anatomical locations provides 120 frames per second of data throughout your pedal stroke. Views from each side, front and back give a global analysis to make sure we don’t miss any aberrant movement patterns with a focus on optimizing comfort and performance.
Each Cycling Assessment includes:
- Discussion of riding history and your specific goals with regards to cycling.
- Physical examination catered to biomechanical demands of cycling.
- High-speed motion analysis with live capture video of joint angles of up to four views (anterior, lateral on each side and posterior).
- Printed report of information from video analysis with emphasis on pertinent values.
- Handout with map of set up to allow for easy reproduction of bike position at home.
- Prescribed exercises/stretches along with information on training programs as needed.
- Optional spin scan technology, EMG biofeedback, and force plate movement analysis.
If you are just looking for a place to ride in winter, our cycling room can be rented for up to two riders to utilize the best technology paired with the online training program Zwift. We have two CycleOps Hammers that pair wirelessly with our system to allow you and a friend to go for a casual ride or race through a live resistance environment.
Please call (920) 430-4890 for pricing, as health insurance coverage may apply and may vary. Team and group rates are also available. Each assessment is 90 minutes.
For more information about the movement analysis or any of the assessments we offer, please fill out the form below and someone will reach out to you to schedule an evaluation.