Some pregnancies come with higher risk than others, but our specialists are able to handle every aspect of your pregnancy and delivery — no handoffs or referring outside Bellin Health. The providers you know and trust are the ones keeping you healthy every step of the way.
Potential Causes of High-Risk Pregnancy:
- Pre-existing maternal medical conditions including diabetes, hypertension, seizure disorder, cardiac disease or thyroid disease
- Regularly taking medication to manage a medical condition
- Previous pregnancy complications, such as miscarriage, preterm labor or delivery or pregnancy losses
- Pregnancy abnormalities such as multiple gestations, inadequate fetal growth or development, atypical ultrasound results or anything that may place your baby at risk of genetic disease, such as family history
- Maternal age either younger than 20 or older than 35