Bellin Health is committed to ensuring that legal, ethical, and professional standards are met and communicated throughout our entire healthcare organization.
Bellin is committed to conducting business ethically and with integrity. We are committed to prevention and detection of any fraudulent, wasteful, or abusive business activities.
Bellin has adopted a Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct that define and govern the expected conduct of employees, medical staff, vendors, and others affiliated with Bellin.
The objectives of the Compliance Program are to reduce the potential for fraud and abuse by:
- Providing additional oversight of Bellin Health’s compliance with laws, regulations and special conditions imposed by licensing and regulatory authorities;
- Identifying and preventing compliance violations and unethical conduct;
- Identifying and avoiding transactions or business practices which might result in irregularities in payment or reimbursement;
- Minimizing the loss to the government from false claims, and thereby avoiding sanctions and administrative remedies, such as exclusion from the Medicare and/or Medicaid programs;
- Encouraging employees to report potential compliance violations;
- Improving operations;
- Maintaining Bellin Health’s commitment to provide safe, high-quality patient care.
Our Compliance Program expects that everyone affiliated with Bellin Health will understand and follow our Standards of Conduct. Our Standards of Conduct can be used as a guide for making the right decisions and help us maintain our standards of excellence and integrity as we deliver safe, high-quality care to the communities we serve.
The Standards of Conduct include emphasis on:
- Treating all persons with dignity, respect, and courtesy
- Business and ethical practices
- Gifts and gratuities
- Conflicts of Interest
- Reporting and investigating Compliance concerns
- Documentation, coding, and billing
- Record retention
Employees, medical staff, vendors, and others affiliated with Bellin Health are encouraged to ask questions and report Compliance concerns without fear of retaliation. Questions and concerns may be directed to the Compliance Department by filling out our Anonymous Compliance Reporting form, via email or by calling (920) 433-3585.
Bellin Health and its affiliates and subsidiaries disclaim all warranties with regard to the information included in this Worldwide Web site, including all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness.
In no event shall Bellin Health nor its affiliates or subsidiaries be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from personal injury, property damage, loss of use, loss of data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other action, arising out of or in connection with the use of information contained in this Worldwide Web site.
If the care you have received has not met your expectations, please contact us to submit a formal complaint.