Connected for Kids: Partnering for Greater Impact
Bellin Health is partnering with Children’s Wisconsin and ThedaCare on a pediatric joint venture called Connected for Kids. It is aimed at improving the health and well-being of children and adolescents in Northeast and Central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Through focused coordination, closer alignment and resource investments, the partnership is making a meaningful impact on the lives of children, adolescents, their families and our region’s communities.
The partner organizations remain independent entities and maintain responsibility for the day-to-day operations of pediatric services at our respective clinics and facilities. At the same time, we are working closely together to enhance pediatric primary and specialty care to benefit the children and adolescents in our region.
Each partner organization plays an essential role in improving care and access through this partnership. Direct benefits to patients include:
- Bringing additional pediatric services and specialists to the region to expand access to local, close-to-home care.
- Reducing the need for children and their families to travel outside the region when a higher level of care is needed.
- Consistent, best-practice standards of care across each organization's care settings in the region.
- Tailored child and adolescent services that meet community-specific needs with the right resources, expertise, skilled providers and clinical staff, technology and more.
- Better and more efficient care through seamless care coordination and tighter alignment across the three systems.
For Patients and Community
We are working hard to realize the promise of this important partnership. As we move forward, it is essential to know that children and their families will continue to see the same physicians and providers they know and trust, and all current insurance plans will continue to be accepted.
Family Medicine Providers and Pediatricians are the vital home base for the children and adolescents we serve. This partnership continues to support those relationships while adding collaboration among the partner organizations and more access to specialty care services over time.
The Clinic of Tomorrow
Planning is underway for Bellin Health to build a new pediatric and adolescent specialty care clinic on land near the corner of Wisconsin 172 and Ashland Avenue in the village of Ashwaubenon. The clinic will be operated through the Connected for Kids partnership, and will be the home for some of Bellin’s pediatric primary care and psychiatric services, with specialty services provided by Children’s Wisconsin and Bellin Health experts. Among many other programs and services, the clinic will house the Bellin Health Adolescent Team, a first-in-the-area clinic that offers a tailored approach to addressing the multifaceted healthcare needs of children and adolescents.
Bellin Health and Connected for Kids look forward to sharing further details about the new clinic, which is slated to open in 2025.