Sometimes, a cancer diagnosis can be the result of your inherited genetics. Getting genetic testing done can help you better understand the risk factors present in your family and what you can do to minimize your chances of developing cancer.
We are committed to providing access to innovative, comprehensive cancer care with an emphasis on preventative screenings.
To learn more about genetic testing, performed by our providers who specialize in oncology genetics, we invite you to call our team at (920) 435-8326.
Bellin Health offers clinical trials for the treatment of many forms of cancer in adult patients. If you are interested in participating in a clinical trial, please talk to your healthcare provider to determine if there is a trial available for which you are eligible. Your provider will review the trial benefits and risks with you so you are able to make the best decision that is right for you.
Call (920) 435-8326 for more information on cancer treatment and prevention clinical trials.
Hematologic Oncology Services – cancer of the blood
- Infusion Room Services
- Blood transfusion
- Bone marrow biopsies
- Oral therapy management
- Anticoagulation management
We have team members who specialize in care focused on quality of life and symptom control for those facing serious, life-altering illnesses or needing end-of-life care.
Jill Roup is our registered dietitian/nutritionist who specializes in oncology nutrition. She has been working at Bellin Health for over 20 years, and she is passionate about helping cancer patients through good nutrition.
Jill can help you manage your nutrition needs before, during and after cancer treatment. Eating habits and side effects can change throughout your cancer journey, and Jill will work with you at every step.
We have specialized speech and physical therapists who work with cancer patients when the disease or treatment has affected speech, swallowing or other physical aspects.
Mental and Emotional Support Services
- We have an onsite licensed counselor who specializes in chronic and terminal illness care.
- We offer a monthly, virtual support group that is open to all patients and caregivers looking for encouragement and/or guidance during their or a loved one's treatment journey.
- Bellin Expressive Arts in Medicine program – A program that integrates art into healthcare. Art provides a distraction from the emotional treatment journey, and it creates a nurturing, soothing environment for patients and those who support them.
You will often hear that going through a cancer journey is emotionally and logistically overwhelming. Between appointments, treatments, care coordination and more, we want you to focus on beating cancer and spending quality time with loved ones. Our oncology patient navigators help you do just that.
Who are they?
Oncology Patient Navigators can be either nurses or social workers who specialize in oncology patients, and they work to guide you and your family through the entire cancer care journey – from diagnosis to post-treatment planning.
What do they do?
- Schedule and coordinate appointments – decreasing your wait times and number of visits
- Ensure lab work, x-rays and scans are completed so results are available to your provider prior to your appointment
- Help find answers to your questions and concerns
- Communicate with your care team to map out your personalized treatment plan, arrange second opinions and help you digest information so you can make decisions that align with your care desires
- Act as your personal advocate and liaison throughout every step of your care journey
What are the benefits?
- Cancer treatment can be overwhelming. Your Oncology Patient Navigator will make sure you understand everything that is being thrown at you, from medical terminology to treatment options
- When it comes to navigating your care journey and coordinating your treatment plan, your Oncology Patient Navigator knows what to do and when to do it, and they will assist you every step of the way
- Objectivity. Cancer patients are often bombarded with opinions, stories and advice from well-meaning loved ones. But that can sometimes be overwhelming and add more confusion to an already difficult time. Your Oncology Patient Navigator will help you stay focused and make decisions based on concrete information and your personal wishes