The Bellin Health Foundation, Inc. created a grant program to access external funding resources for community programming and services provided through the Bellin Health System. This grants program, formally established in 2021, has grown to expand Bellin Health services, particularly those for traditionally marginalized populations and rural areas, to ensure equitable, convenient and accessible care and service delivery. The Bellin Health grants team also works with community partners in proposal identification, creation and execution for community-based programming aligned with Bellin Health priorities.
A sampling of recent grant initiatives is below. This list is not comprehensive.
For any questions on grants and grant-related programming at Bellin Health and The Bellin Health Foundation, please reach out to [email protected].
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services – Mobilizing Communities for a Just Response – This grant funding supported a partnership between Bellin Health and community organization, COMSA, to establish a Community Health Worker role to mitigate health disparities for Somali and refugee populations.
- American Cancer Society Patient Transportation Grant – as a two-year grant recipient, Bellin has been able to provide cancer patients with transportation assistance to ensure access to vital appointments.
- Green Bay Packers Foundation – The Bellin Health Foundation was a recipient of a challenge grant for the capital request of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and expanded Maternity Department project. This grant matched all incoming donations for the project dollar-for-dollar, and is ongoing.
- DKBMed – Diabetic Retinopathy Screenings – this funding, in partnership with DKBMed and Digital Diagnostics, implemented diabetic retinopathy screening machines in 30 clinics across the Bellin service area, allowing for improved access and diagnoses of Diabetic Retinopathy for Type 2 Diabetes patients – potentially preventing blindness.
- Health Resources and Services Administration – Rural Health COVID Testing and Mitigation – providing services and equipping Rural Health Clinics with resources and supplies necessary to mitigate the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Federal Communications Commission – Creating and establishing effective telemedicine options for Bellin Health patients, primarily in low-access areas, for improved service delivery following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Wisconsin Voices of Recovery – Partnering with community organization DarJune Foundation, this grant supports the provision of services to implement recovery coaching services for those suffering with overdose and substance use disorder across health system partners in Northeast Wisconsin.