Public invited to charity fun run, expo and more ahead of Saturday’s Bellin 10K
Runners, walkers, spectators and the general public can get Bellin Run race weekend started early with events in Astor Park on Thursday, June 9 and Friday, June 10. Opportunities include:
Thursday Evening Charity Fun Run
The Bellin Run is proud to present the Run with Greatness Charity Fun Run!
Our event has a long history of bringing some of the world’s best runners to Green Bay to compete in the region’s premier 10K. This 2-mile charity run gives everyone in attendance the opportunity run with — but not get left in the dust by — a star-studded crop of elite runners and legends of the sport. The 2-mile Run with Greatness Bellin Charity Fun Run takes place at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, June 9, beginning at Astor Park.
It’s participants’ chance to run with elites including defending Bellin Run champs Jared Ward and Risper Gesabwa, as well as Bellin Run newcomer Makenna Myler, who became an internet sensation after running a 5:25 mile while nine months pregnant.
Donations are on a freewill basis and can be made online or in person at Astor Park the evening of the event. Moneys raised will benefit myTEAM TRIUMPH. Individuals may click here to donate online or bring their cash donation for collection on June 9.
The Bellin Run offers a host of great activities in Astor Park on Friday, June 10. They include:
- Registration/Packet Pick-up—3-8 p.m.
- Individuals who are registered are invited to pick up their race packet at this time. Individuals who are not signed up may register in person until 8 p.m. at the Astor Park Registration tent. The price to register in person on June 10 is $40.
- Health and Fitness Expo—3-8 p.m.
- The expo features booths with health education, nutrition information, fitness equipment and apparel vendors, as well community organizations. The Bellin Health Sports Medicine booth will be offering free injury consultations.
- Children’s Activities—3-8 p.m.
- Activities for kiddos will include face painting, magic tricks, an obstacle course, photo booth and more to help children get in on the fun!
- Pasta Dinner — 4-7:30 p.m.
- Attendees are invited to our annual an all-you-can-eat pasta dinner. The prices are just $9 for adults, $4 for children 12 and under, and free for anyone under 2 years old. The menu includes salad, garlic toast, spaghetti with meat sauce, mac & cheese, baby carrots, apple slices, cookies, water and Pepsi products.
- Athlete Autographs—6-7 p.m.
- Bellin’s world-class runners will be signing autographs in the autograph tent.
- Participant Events — 4-7 p.m.
- Three great events take place Friday night: Back to the Road Crew, Triumph Mile and Children’s Run.
- Back to the Road Crew—4 p.m.
- Sponsored by Bellin Health Titletown Sports Medicine & Orthopedics, the Back to the Road Crew is made up of people who have faced recovery and rehabilitation from surgery or a major illness and want to get “Back to the Road.” They’ll complete a one-mile course (two laps around Astor Park) to celebrate their recovery. This is an invitation-only event.
- TRIUMPH Mile—5 p.m.
- The TRIUMPH Mile is one-mile walk/run for individuals with mild disabilities who require guidance from able-bodied athletes. The event’s goal is to provide a health-enhancing and mentor-building opportunity for individuals with disabilities by utilizing a team-based endurance athletic approach.
- Children’s Run—6 p.m.
- The Children’s Run is a half-mile run around the perimeter of Astor Park. This is a non-competitive fun run. Every kid is a winner! Registration is just $12, or $15 in person on Friday evening. Participants receive an official Bellin Run T-shirt, a cool superhero cape and a great finisher medal. Registration is available at runsignup.com/Race/WI/GreenBay/Bellin
Several of our Friday events require registration, so the Bellin Run reminds participants to sign up accordingly.