Affecting HSHS hospitals and Bellin Health
On March 12, 2020, Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers declared a Public Health emergency due to the increase of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Wisconsin.
In an effort to control the spread of the COVID-19 virus into our hospitals, as well as the virus throughout the community, HSHS hospitals in Eastern Wisconsin and Bellin Health have come together, in partnership with local public health departments, to place visitor restrictions on the following hospitals starting Monday, March 16, 2020:
- HSHS St. Vincent Hospital in Green Bay
- HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center in Green Bay
- HSHS St. Vincent Children’s Hospital in Green Bay
- HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital in Sheboygan
- HSHS St. Clare Memorial Hospital in Oconto Falls
- Libertas Treatment Center
- Bellin Hospital in Green Bay
- Bellin Health Oconto Hospital
- Bellin Psychiatric Center in Green Bay
It is imperative to make these changes for the safety of all patients and hospital staff to reduce the risk of infection and to preserve important health care resources.
We are restricting all visitors to our hospitals at this time.
- In most cases, just one visitor per patient will be allowed in the hospital at a time. This should be the individual who is most important for the patient’s care management.
- Visitors with acute illnesses are not allowed.
- Therapy dogs are not allowed.
Please note: Visitors returning from international travel or areas at high risk for COVID-19 exposure per CDC criteria may not visit until they have been home and symptom-free for at least 14 days.
By putting these restrictions in place, we are exemplifying our commitment to the dignity and care of all, especially those most vulnerable among us.
We understand that there may be exceptions made on a case-by-case basis.