Bellin Health Cardiology Associates has added the expertise of fellowship-trained physician Dr. Sumit Ringwala to its healthcare team.
Ringwala offers expertise in these areas, among others:
- Cardiovascular, vascular and peripheral vascular medicine
- Management of peripheral artery disease
- Endovascular intervention to prevent limb loss
- Interventional cardiology
- Management of coronary artery disease
- Cardiovascular risk reduction/prevention
- General cardiology
His specialty procedures include:
- Atherectomy and rotational atherectomy
- Stenting of peripheral arteries
- Complex stenting of heart arteries
- Impella-supported interventions
- Transesophageal and transthoracic echocardiography
Ringwala earned his bachelor’s and medical degrees at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and completed his fellowship in interventional cardiology, cardiovascular and peripheral vascular surgery at Dartmouth Hitchcock University Hospital, Dartmouth Medical School, in Hanover, N.H. He completed his fellowship in cardiovascular disease at the University of South Florida and completed his residency in general internal medicine at the University of Minnesota.
Ringwala and his wife have two children. He enjoys spending time with family, traveling, boating, kayaking and paddle boarding.