Funds will be used for aquatics, recreational and community events
The Bellin Health Bond Community Center will use a generous grant from the Leon H. and Clymene M. Bond Foundation, Inc. to fund aquatic fitness and therapy equipment, water safety training, family-oriented recreational events and free monthly programming for kids.
The Bellin Health Foundation recently received $20,612 from the Bond Foundation for use at the community center. Funded items include:
- Aquatics ($12,312)
- Aquatic fitness and therapy, including upgrading current and purchasing new equipment. This includes aqua bikes, aqua body strong floating boards and hand-held buoys to be used for members, personal training clients, physical therapy patients and local community members.
- American Red Cross Water Safety training for staff. This is a valuable certification that will increase the center’s readiness to provide excellent aquatic programming
- Recreational and Community Events ($8,300)
- Purchase of inflatable obstacle course for family nights and possible summer day camps. Promotes movement, coordination, play and fun
- 12-month calendar of free kids’ nights/days the Bond Community Center will host at no cost to attendees. Parents and kids could enjoy these free themed events that would include activities such as crafts, physical activity, swimming, group fitness and more.
As part of the Bellin Health Team, the Bellin Health Bond Community Center offers health and fitness programs designed for anyone who wants a new experience, whether working out with high-intensity strength training or cooling down in low-impact aquatic exercise classes. The Bond Community Center is a community recreational and wellness facility serving Oconto and the neighboring communities with healthy lifestyle activities geared for all ages and abilities in a refreshing, welcoming and friendly environment. Visit bellinfitness.com or Facebook.com/bellinfitnessbcc for more.